Section 1 (Discuss an upcoming concert)
- Loads of people have phoned you.
- I came across something really interesting.
- Spoil ourselves! (Have a rest)
- I’m feeling quite keen now! 我有点迫不及待了！
Section 2 (Tour Guide: Dinosaur Museum)
- In regard to/Regarding/As regards
- For students who are doing projects it’s useful to make some kind of visual record of what they see that they can add to their reports.
Section 3 (Feedback from a tutor on a student’s assignment)
- cut down something
- My father was a great fan of cowboy films
- The subsequent research I did and the online photographs made me even keener.
- from the perspective of a field trip
- The way they tower up from the flat landscape is just amazing. 它们从平坦地形上拔地而起的方式实在值得称奇。
- It’s hardly surprising that tourist flock to (成群结队) see the area.
- It’s been home to someone.
- Their culture is so rich. (rich culture)
- It’s not immediately relevant to your proposal. 并无直接联系
For most people, sculptures, paintings or operas are luxury items, which cannot bring any tangible benefit to them.
By contrast, public facilities, such as water and electricity supply, schools, libraries and roads, can have a direct impact on their daily lives.)
- penetrate v. 渗透 (rainwater)
- Before we look at everything in more detail
Section 4 (Introductory geography lecture)
- We learn a great deal about the processes.
- Our current used of carbon fuels is a good example of that.
- 下定义的时候： …by which it means…
- *Paper Map:
Ad: It can be folded and put in a pocket. They can depict the physical features of the entire planet if necessary, or, just a small part of it in much greater detail.
Dis: You can’t replicate something that is three-dimensional on a flat piece of paper. Paper has only two dimensions, and that means there’ll always be a certain degree of distortion on a map. It can’t be avoided (unavoidable).