Section 1 (Job Interview)
- I’m afraid I missed the advert for the job but I heard about it from a friend.
- – Could I ask about the pay? – We are offering $4.5 an hour.
- We also offer some good fringe benefits.
- That’s really a good perk. 这福利相当的好
- *Skills: a clear voice; be able to think quickly
- come in for an interview
Section 2 (Open another branch)
- It has attracted a lot of customers.
- *How to describe a department store?
The first three floors have a huge range of sports clothing as well as equipment, and on the top floor there’s a café and a book and DVD section.
Section 3 (Student’s feedback for a course)
- I know I was well-prepared and I had practised my timing.
- I didn’t feel any real sense of satisfaction.
- I’ve been trying to speak up more and I just jump in.
- I’ve had to do so much reading this semester just to help me make sense of the lectures.
- At first I couldn’t understand what the lecturers were talking about, so I had to turn to the books and journals.
- to speak frankly/psychologically speaking