Section 1 (Booking for Holidays)
- I’m just jotting (taking) down some notes.
- I can’t read my own writing.
- well-equipped (*from Juno: I’m ill-equipped. 我感觉不太好，不太舒服。)
- There are forests all round and they hide a supermarket just down the road.
- holiday resort 度假胜地
Section 2 (Locally-run business)
- I’m near to retirement age.
- Liz now devotes all her energies to recruiting and supporting the large squadron of workers. (devote oneself to doing something)
- Ducan, has been a stalwart (顶梁柱、坚定分子) of the park for the last ten years, taking over from me in the area of construction.
- central feature
Section 3 (Asking advice from a tutor)
- I’m coping well with statistics, and I’m never bored by it.
- It really helps build confidence.
- If you establish good study skills at this stage, they’ll be with you all your life.
Section 4 (Contemporary, experimental designs for housing)
- be of interest to someone
- Sunlight floods in through the glass wall.
Section 1 (Register with a doctor)
- We are open from…/ They are closed on weekends.
- Doctor Fuller has space on his list./ There aren’t many places left.
- The sports injury treatment operates on a paying basis.
Section 2 (Complaint to a hotel reception)
- I can’t get the hot water and heating to work.
Section 3 (Conversation between a teacher and a student)
- It is more a question of altering your viewpoint towards academic study.
- We had to get experience in hospital dispensaries.
Section 4 (Presentation: findings of wildlife in local gardens)
- We were all very engaged by the idea (=We were all very interested in…) of why wildlife would choose to inhabit a city garden.
- an extensive range of
- Hard to believe, but it’s true.