Section 1 (Looking for a homestay family)
Section 2 (Tour guide for Bicentennial Park + 地图题)
- keep up the pace
- If the land was to be cleaned up, they wanted to use the site for recreation.
- *Around to the west
Up to the north
Section 3 (After-class discussion: presentation)
- Dr White said we shouldn’t go into that sort of detail.
Section 4 (MSG 味精)
- flavour enhancer 调味剂
- *Tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, salt and amino acid (氨基酸)
Amino acid: signal the presence of protein in food;
Sweetness: indicates food contain energy-giving carbohydrates;
Bitterness: alter us of toxins in the food;
Sourness: warn us of spoilage 食物变质
Saltiness: signal the presence of minerals
Section 1 (Information about a Sports Club)
- stretch classes 形体课
- joining fee; subscription fee
- I could come in my free periods.
- If you want to organize a trial session and look around the centre, you’ll need to speak to David.
Section 2 (Redevelopment of a theatre)
- hot and stuffy 闷热的，不透气的
- tour the country 全国巡演
Section 3 (Counselling about taking a management course)
- We prefer to integrate reading with the course, so we don’t give out a reading list in advance.
- People can work through at their own speed, and repeat anything they aren’t sure about. (Why for self-study)
- Local managers seem to queue up to borrow the videos.
Section 4 (History of East End)
- East End consisted of farmland with crops and livestock which helped to feed that population.
- There was a shortage of accommodation.