Section 1 (Information about children’s workshop)
- a friend of a friend (a friend of mine)
- Is parking available nearby? (也可用于I am not available until this Saturday. 这周六前我都没空)
- Your best bet (Your best choice) is to leave your car at the back of the library.
- be in old clothes 穿旧衣
Section 2 (Tips for backpackers who want to do some trips on their own)
Section 3 (Discussion on a dissertation)
- We agreed on three main targets for me to aim for.
- What I decided to do was to look through catalogues specialising in IT.
- I’d say your first two sections are spot on (亮点).
- I very much enjoyed your reading,
- I think you should note down its main sections.
- My advice would be to get it done before you embark on your research.
Section 4 (History about films)
- have a tendency to do something 可能做某事，有倾向做某事
- A continuing problem at the time was that…
Section 1 (Open a bank account)
- I am an engineer by profession. (I am a professional engineer.)
Section 2 (Tour Guide in Rosewood) + 地图题写法
- George was too slow making up his mind to buy it.
- He was no longer on speaking terms with his brother. 他与他的弟弟不再说话。
- mullioned windows 有竖框的窗子; tile 瓷砖;
4.stunning views of the surrounding countryside
- go around the first sharp corner
- to/on one’s left
- Next to this is the greenhouse where some exotic plants and fruits are grown.
- Leave the house by the side entrance, where you will find our shop, which is situated between the house and garage.
Section 3 (Marketing Assignment)
- We’ve only got five weeks left to the end of term to design it, carry it out, and then write up the results.
- go over/through the instructions
- It’s going to take ages.
- compare and contrast
- Different age groups would be much more likely to show up differences.
- 年龄段的表达法: twenty five or under; forty five or over
- We can make a time-scale for doing it. 做时间表
Section 4 (Farming economy in Ireland)
- Most of these contain/have problems.
- The evidence doesn’t really add up. 并没有相关证据
- hunter-gathered economy 狩猎采集经济; farming economy 农耕经济
- The farming economy would almost certainly have required much larger communities to do all the work needed to plant and tend sufficient crops to sustain them throughout the year.
- There’s ample evidence of this at coastal sites.
Section 1 (Conference)
- There’s a heavy demand for them.
- It would be a 10-minute walk away from here. (ten-minute tax ride)
Section 2 (Exhibition Centre)
- to help things run smoothly
- stamp the entrance tickets 在票上戳章;
- give out/distribute/hand out leaflets
- get a general idea of
- I won’t delay you any longer.
Section 3 (Joining the library)
- I’m training to be a primary teacher.
Section 4 (Asiatic Lions)
- This hasn’t been always the fact.
- have a particular interest in something
- This is something that all of you will share concern for too. ( = Reach consensus)