Section 1 (Motor Insurance Department)
- What relationship is he to you?
Section 2 (Tourist Line)
- The Top Bus Company runs all its tours with a live commentary in English. Top巴士公司运营的所有车辆上都配有一位会说英语的解说员。
- This is a hop-on hop-off service (即上即下的购票方式) and tickets are valid for 24 hours.
Section 3 (Lecture: Antarctic)
- Antarctic expedition 南极探险队
- The centre also acts as a showcase for the unique international co-operation which exists in Antarctic today.
- I know you’ve been there on a number of occasions.
- I’m struck by the awesome beauty of the place. 我被自然的美景所征服了。
- run out of time
Section 4 (Left-handed & Right-handed)
- The predominant reason for this is because it aids balance – which is of course absolutely central to performance in this sport.
Section 1 (Looking for a part-time job)
Section 2 (Charity Sponsored Walking Holiday for Education Aid)
- You have plenty of time to get into shape. (使自己符合标准 *看语境的这句话)
- Recently there has been a trend to move into… 近来有朝。。。发展的趋势
- acclimatize v. 使适应新环境
- a pretty packed timetable
Section 3 (Flow chart: robotic float project)
- That sounds a bit like science fiction, especially when now we can’t even tell them when a drought will break. (break: 疾病、灾害爆发)
- I agree that this concept is still a long way in the future.
Section 4 (Hotel Business)
- economy end of the hotel business 你看一下如何翻译比较合适
Luxury end of the market
- jet lag 飞机时差反应
- dispiriting 令人沮丧的
Independent hotel 单体独立饭店
Those of large chains 连锁型饭店
So-called boutique hotel (in the heart of downtown business districts) 精品旅店
Stately mansions (located in the depths of beautiful countryside)
Plush hotel (built at the edge of tropical beaches surrounded by palm trees and idyllic blue ocean) 豪华旅店
- *Purpose of hotel:
The need to feel at home in surroundings which are both familiar and inviting.
- Nothing stands still in this world.
- These service apartments dispense with all the unwanted and expensive hotel services that business travellers don’t want, while maximizing the facilities they do want.
- The attractions of such facilities are obvious and it’ll be interesting to see whether the company manages to establish a trend all over the world and make a lasting impact on the luxury accommodation market.
- For a few days people can pretend they are free of responsibilities and indulge themselves.
There is something very powerful in our need to be pampered and looked after.
- a fairly new phenomenon but increasingly popular