Colin老师是墨尔本文波雅思首席资深外教。Colin 先生有30多年的教学经验，在墨尔本的三所Primary School 做过15年的校长，在中国的大连交通大学教过7年半，获了很多奖，游历过60多个中国城市，对中国，澳洲的文化，社会，教育有深入的研究。同时Mr. Steere老师对于音乐有很深的造诣，曾经在墨尔本音乐学院做过4年钢琴老师。 Colin老师教过多年的ESL， 雅思，对于中国学生常见的用词错误，发音习惯，语法错误有着深入的了解，他在课堂上可以用最有效的方式解释清楚。Colin 老师在墨尔本文波雅思教授的课程有：7分-8分写作一对一；6-8分口语一对一；口语班课。咨询电话：0410-458812
“I am an Australian Professional Educator with many years experience as a teacher and as a school principal. I have just returned from Dalian Jiaotong University (China) after teaching there for 7.5 years. I am a specialist in teaching IELTS, EAP, Business English and English for Preparation into Australian universities. While teaching in China I received a number of prestigious awards for my dedicated work. I love to teach international students and I have a good record of being friendly and helpful to university students over the past decade. Many of my past students have entered universities in Melbourne and Sydney. I can assist you with Speaking & Listening, Reading and Writing, Grammar and Vocabulary as well as all the requirements of IELTS.While in China I was also able to do quite a lot of playing piano and I performed in a number of concerts as well.”
Education Qualifications & Experience
2013/14 Receiver of Liaoning Province Friendship Award
For Teaching and Services to Liaoning.
2012/13 Receiver of Dalian Xinghai Friendship Award
For Teaching and Services to Dalian*
2008 – August till present Dalian Jiaotong University.
Employed by YUCUI (Shanghai).
2008 – May NMIT. (North Melbourne Institute of TAFE)
Teaching “English for Business and Global
Communication” in China. Second half of course.
2007, October NMIT. Teaching “English for Business and Global Communication” in China. First half of course.
2007, April Coordinator of new course “Diploma of Further Study”. Continuing as per 2005/6
2006, March Acting Campus Manager (MIC) – short term. As per ‘05
2005, October ESL Coordinator and Manager of second floor
Continue as Business Marketing teacher.
ESL coaching to individuals and small groups
2005, February till present: Teacher of Business Marketing – Cert IV, Dip & Adv Dip
Melbourne International College
2005, January: ESL Teacher – Melbourne International College
2004, November: Holmes Institute teacher Training Centre Melbourne, Australia
6.5 Yrs – Teesdale
6.5 Yrs – Anakie
2.0 Yrs – Simpson
1978-1974 Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
University of Melbourne
B Mus Ed
1972 National Service
1970 Diploma of teaching Primary
English Teaching (ESL) Experience:
- Teaching in China (Dalian – Liaoning Province). Dalian Jiaotong Univeristy. As below.
- Teaching in China (Henan Province) at JiYuan Vocational College. English for Business and Global Communication” in China. Complete course as established and set by NMIT (North Melbourne Institute of Tafe).
- University students from Korea – Melbourne International College
- Multinational groups of adults at various ESL level – Melbourne International College
- Primary schools with significant numbers of ESL students
- Used the New Interchange, Oxford Headway and the Longman Matters series of course books
- Used a range of ELT resource books and personal resources
- Used video, overhead projectors, games, songs, audio cassettes, flashcards and realia etc.
- Have timetabled a series of lessons and planned a balance of activities and skills practice.
Skills acquired include:
Conveying meaning of new language Teaching pronunciation
Teaching functions Teaching new vocabulary
Motivating students Correcting students
Adopting a communicative approach Liaising with colleagues
Planning well-staged lessons language analysis.
I was the ESL co-ordinator at Melbourne International College and I have developed my skills in teaching Business English I have also a long history of teaching younger learners.
Other Teaching Experience.
- A long and successful career with the Victorian Education Department with 15 years in the principal class. For three years during my years as principal at Teesdale P.S. I was part of the principal accreditation process which required “assessing” other principals.
- Teaching piano, organ, keyboard and theory for the AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board).
- Professional musician, National Service.
- This past month I performed on Stage in JiYuan as part of the May day celebrations put on by the college to an audience of over 45,000 people.
- Last December 2007 I held my own personal concert for the College.
- Philippines, Hong Kong, China, Hawaii, USA (mainland), Bahamas
I have taught students from:
- China, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Zimbabwe, Germany, Italy, & Poland.