PTE听力口语练习-科学60秒-online price

PTE考生目前最大的问题之一就是练习题缺乏。除了有限的基本官方书(PLUS,Testbuilder, OG)之外,就没有题了。很多英语基础不是很扎实的同学很难找到练习材料。墨尔本文波雅思PTE培训学校专门为墨尔本,悉尼PTE考生准备了适合PTE听力阅读练习的科学60秒。各位PTE同学可以练习PTE听力中的summarise spoken text和PTE口语中的retell lecture,PTE听力口语-科学60秒-Frosty Moss练习记笔记技巧和复述。废话少说,下面开始:


“If you were to walk into a brick and mortar store and they were offering better prices for less affluent people there would be a revolt, right? “当你走进一家实体店,看到他们为那些不太富裕的人提供更实惠的价格,这时,你可能会觉得反感,对吧?
No one would stand for this.” Christo Wilson, a computer scientist at Northeastern University. 没人能忍受这种情况。”东北大学的计算机科学家克里斯托弗·威尔逊(Christo Wilson)说道。
But on the Internet, he says, anything goes when it comes to pricing. 但如果是在网上,他说道,当谈到价格时,什么事都会发生。
“It is super subjective. Everything can be personalized.” “它是超主观的。一切都可以个性化。”
Wilson and his colleagues analyzed just how personal online shopping can get. 威尔逊和他的同事共同分析了网上购物到底有多个性化。
They compared the search results of 300 real-world users to searches by cookie-free, fake accounts on 16 major e-commerce sites. 他们分析了16个主要的电子商务网站,将300名真实用户的搜索结果与无痕的虚假用户的搜索结果进行对比。
Turns out half the sites personalized search results, based on who was searching. 结果显示,半数网站都会根据搜索对象对搜索结果进行个性化处理。
Especially travel sites. 旅游网站尤其如此。
Expedia and Hotels.com prioritized more expensive hotels for certain users; E&H在线旅游公司(Expedia and Hotels.com)为某些特定的用户优先提供更昂贵的酒店;
and Priceline skewed search results based on past purchases. Priceline在线旅游公司则根据用户的购买历史来变更搜索结果。
But Wilson’s favorite example of variable online pricing was HomeDepot.com – 威尔逊最感兴趣的公司是一家价格多变的公司——美国家得宝在线家居建材用品零售公司(HomeDepot.com)——
where shoppers on mobile devices tend to be offered much more expensive items. 他们为使用移动设备购物的顾客提供更昂贵的商品。
“It’s like you went on your desktop and you search for a table and they give you a plastic folding table; “比如说,你用你的台式电脑买桌子时,他们为你提供的是可折叠的塑料桌;
but you search from your phone and they give you a mahogany dining room table.” 但如果你用你的手机买桌子的话,他们为你提供的则是红木餐桌。”
The researchers will present their findings on November 6th at the Internet Measurement Conference in Vancouver. 威尔逊和他的同事们将在10月6号的温哥华国际测量会议上公布他们的研究成果。
For all you comparison shoppers, here’s Wilson’s advice on how to beat the bots. 如何打败那些机器人程序?威尔逊对所有喜欢货比三家的消费者提议:
“Do the search from your desktop, as you normally would. “你可以像平常一样用你的台式电脑,
You should also do the search from an incognito or a private window. 通过匿名的私人窗口进行搜索。
You should also then do the search from your mobile, or your tablet. 然后,再用你的手机或平板电脑进行搜索。
And then if you’re really paranoid, you should also talk to a friend or a family member or friend, and have them also do the search.” 如果你还是担惊受怕的,你还可以叫你的朋友,或你的家人帮你搜索。”
We’ve gone from brick and mortar…to click and be mortified. 我们已经从实体店谈到了如何搜索,还请包涵。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注