PTE听力口语练习-科学60秒-lies

PTE考生目前最大的问题之一就是练习题缺乏。除了有限的基本官方书(PLUS,Testbuilder, OG)之外,就没有题了。很多英语基础不是很扎实的同学很难找到练习材料。墨尔本文波雅思PTE培训学校专门为墨尔本,悉尼PTE考生准备了适合PTE听力阅读练习的科学60秒。各位PTE同学可以练习PTE听力中的summarise spoken text和PTE口语中的retell lecture,PTE听力口语-科学60秒-Frosty Moss练习记笔记技巧和复述。废话少说,下面开始


Everybody lies. 每个人都会说谎。
But for the most part,we still see ourselves as good,honest people. 但大多数情况下,我们仍认为自己是善良诚实的好人。
So,why do we do it—and are we all just kidding ourselves? 那为什么我们还会这样—我们仅仅是在跟自己开玩笑吗?
So,is lying or being dishonest irrational? 因此说谎或不诚实是非理性行为吗?
Sometimes. Sometimes not. 有时候是。有时侯不是。
Behavioral economist Dan Ariely,at Duke Univeristy,studies irrational behavior. 丹·艾里利是杜克大学研究非理性行为的经济学家。
In recent years,he has found himself drawn to mendacity,prevarication,fabrication—you know,lying. 近年来,他发现自己被谎言、推诿、蒙骗所吸引,这就是撒谎。
Now Ariely has teamed up with documentarian Yael Melamede to create a film called (Dis)Honesty. 现在艾里利同纪录片制片人雅艾尔·梅拉德合作共同创造了一部名为(不)诚实的电影。
Through a series of interviews,the movie presents real world cases of cheating,corruption and little white lies alongside Ariely’s scientific findings. 通过一系列的采访及艾瑞里的科研调查,这部电影为大家展现出欺骗、贪污及一些善意谎言的实例。
In the process,it becomes clear that the differences between serious fraud and a minor fib may be less significant than we want to believe. 在此过程中越来越明确的是大小谎言之间的差异其实并没有我们想象的那么严重。
Originally,we were going to call the movie Slippery Slope,because so many people basically started doing something,rationalized,took another step,another step… 起初我们想为这部电影起名叫《灾难性的滑坡》,因为很多人最开始撒谎、然后接着去圆那个谎,如此往复而后越陷越深。
Our knack for explaining and reinterpreting our actions allows us to feel like we are still basically honest,no matter how far we stray from our values. 不管多偏离自身的价值观,我们解释及诠释自身行为的技巧让我们自以为基本上还是诚实的。
But just because we can rationalize our dishonesty does not mean we’re acting rationally. 但是我们对自身不诚实行为的自圆其说并不意味着我们就是理性的行为。
Fudging the facts might,for example,get you through one tricky situation,but the repercussions may make your life harder later on. 比如捏造事实能让你度过棘手的困境,但造成的影响可能会使你之后的生活更加艰难。
That’s not a rational path. 这并非一条理性之道。
So the next time you’re offered what seems like an easy way out by lying,consider that you could just be lying—to yourself. 因此下次在你撒谎为自己解围时,想想你是否能骗过自己。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注