PTE考生目前最大的问题之一就是练习题缺乏。除了有限的基本官方书（PLUS，Testbuilder, OG）之外，就没有题了。很多英语基础不是很扎实的同学很难找到练习材料。墨尔本文波雅思PTE培训学校专门为墨尔本，悉尼PTE考生准备了PTE练习的lecture 93篇。各位PTE同学可以练习阅读，练习记笔记技巧，可以练习复述，甚至可以练习describe image。废话少说，下面开始：
65. Moving away from newspapers, let’s now focus on magazines. Now, the first magazine was a little periodical called The Review, and it was started in London in 1704. It looked a lot like the newspapers of the time, but in terms of its content, it was much different. Newspapers were concerned mainly with news events, but The Review focused on important domestic issues of the day, as well as the policies of the government. Now, in England at the time, people could still be thrown in jail for publishing articles that were critical of the king. And that’s what happened to Daniel Defoe. He was the outspoken founder of The Review. Defoe actually wrote the first issue of The Review from prison! You see, he had been arrested because of his writings that criticized the policies of the Church of England, which was headed by the king. After his release, Defoe continued to produce The Review, and the magazine started to appear on a more frequent schedule, about three times a week. It didn’t take long for other magazines to start popping up. In 1709, a magazine called The Tatler began publication. This new magazine contained a mixture of news, poetry, political analysis, and philosophical essays.
1. periodical: n. ［C］a magazine, especially one about a series or technical subject, that comes out at regular times such as once a month 期刊，杂志
2. The Review: 《评论》杂志
3. Daniel Defoe: 丹尼尔·笛福 (1660 -1731)， 生于伦敦一小工商业者家庭，1731 年 4 月 26 日卒 于莫尔福德。幼时只受过普通中等教育。早年曾经 商，办工厂，屡次破产，又屡次重新起家。笛福对 写作和政治很感兴趣，早年写过很多文章和小册子， 长年奔走于英格兰和苏格兰各地了解舆论情况，因 文字两次获罪下狱。从 1704 年起，他创办《评论》 杂志(The Review,1704-1713)，这是英国第一份 定期出版的文化和政治刊物，是英国报业的先驱。 笛福年近花甲才开始小说创作，他的第一部小说《鲁 宾逊漂流记》(Robinson Crusoe, 1719)是其代表 作，也是英国近代小说的开山之作；这部小说通过 具体而真实的细节来叙述故事、刻画人物，以日常 事件构成不平凡的故事，具有强烈的真实感，被认 为是现实主义的创始之作。笛福的其它小说作品包 括《辛格顿船长》(Captain Singleton, 1720)、 《摩尔·弗兰德斯》(Moll Flanders, 1722)、《大 疫年日记》(A Journal of the Plague Year,1722) 和《罗克萨娜》(Roxana,1724）等。除小说外， 他还写有国内外旅行游记、人 物传记及其他纪实性作品以 及有关经商贸易的著作。
4. The Tatler: 《闲话者》，由爱迪森（Joseph Addison,1672～1719）和史蒂尔（Sir Richard Steele,1672～1729）共同创办，面向中产阶级读者，起到了传播文化和道德说教的作用。
5. philosophical: adj. related to philosophy 哲学的