雅思General Training 的TASK 1部分和Academic的TASK 1部分的评分标准基本一致，对字数要求也相同。所不同的是普通培训类TASK 1部分要求考生写一封信。457签证的G类考生在写作过程中要分清信的类型，如投诉信、感谢信、道歉信、求职信等。要注意信的格式和结构，采取开门见山的写作方式，直截了当。同时又要注意文字规范和礼貌。时态要准确，避免用词重复，要展示出写复杂句子的能力, 这是高分的前提。文波雅思PTE学校就G类书信常用词汇与句型汇总如下，希望对457签证的G类考生有一定的帮助。
a solid theory foundation 坚实的理论基础
an intimate knowledge of 熟练的知识
apply for 申请
be available for an interview 可以参加面试
be qualified for 有资格
contact number 联系电话
expected salary 期望得到的薪水
have a good command of 对掌握熟练
interpersonal skills 人际关系的技巧
meet the requirements 满足要求
practical experience 实践经验
working experience 工作经验
1) I have read your advertisement in Jinan Daily for a position of a sales engineer.
2) I wish to apply for the position of…which you advertised in yesterday’s Jinan Daily.
3) I am very interested in exploring the possibility of obtaining a position as a sales
engineer with your company.
4) I read with interest your advertisement which appeared in…and would like to take up the challenge as a… with your firm.
5) After completing my four-year course at…university in 1991, I was employed by ABC company as a…
6) I believe I am well prepared, both psychologically and academically, for the post.
7) I believe I have the appropriate qualifications and experience for this post, and therefore, here I am enclosing my curriculum vitae.
8) Upon graduation, I first worked as…The following job was…, and currently I am working for…
9) I am available for an interview every afternoon. Please contact me at…
10) I hope that after reviewing my enclosed resume you will kindly give me an interview so that I can elaborate on my studies and working experience.
11) I hope you would consider my application favorably and grant me an interview.
12) With the kind of experience I have accumulated, I would expect a salary of not less than…
pursue / pursuit 追求
enjoy worldwide fame 享有世界声望
further study 进修
fine tradition of scholarship 良好的学术传统
graduate program 研究生课程
long-cherished desire 珍藏已久的梦想
1) I am deeply interested in your graduate program in the Dept. of …and plan to apply for admission for the fall of 2000.
2) I am writing to request admission into the Dept. of…at your University for the spring semester of 2000. It is my long-cherished desire to pursue study of Computer Science at a university in Canada.
3) I would greatly appreciate it if you would forward the necessary materials and relevant information at your earliest convenience.
4) If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
5) Your university is a well staffed and well-equipped institute with a long history and a fine
tradition of scholarship, enjoying a worldwide fame I will certainly feel greatly honored if I am fortunate enough to be admitted into it.
6) Would you please let me know the procedures for admission at your earliest convenience?
7) I am writing to inquire about the possibility of being accepted as a graduate student in your university upon my graduation.
8) I wish to pursue my Master’s degree in your university.