- Some people think that the age limit for driving should be increased in order to make driving safer. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Older people who need employment have to compete with younger people. What problems will be caused? And what are the solutions?
- Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists, not local people. Why? What can be done to attract local people?
- In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have more positive or negative effects on the society?
- The unlimited use of cars may lead to many problems. What are these problems? In order to reduce these problems, people should be discouraged from using cars. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that giving aids to the poor countries has more negative impacts than positive ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that criminals should be given longer terms in prison, so as to reduce the crime rate. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Figures show that some countries have an ever-increasing proportion of the population who are aged 15 or younger. What do you think are the current and future effects of this may be for those countries?
- Some people think music plays an important role in society, while others believe music is simply a form of entertainment for individuals. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Some people think it is more important for government to spend public money on promoting healthy lifestyle in order to prevent illness than to spend it on the treatment of people who are already ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- ome people think that lawbreakers should be sent to prison. However, others think that better talents among those should be made to work. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- The rate of crime committed by teenagers is increasing throughout the world. Discuss the possible reasons and give suggestions on how to solve the problem.
- Most countries want to improve standard of living through economic development, however, others think social value is lost as a result. Do you think the advantages of economic development outweigh the disadvantages?
- Surveys show that in many countries, people are living longer but increased life expectancy has many implications for the aging individuals and for society as a whole. What are the possible effects of longer living for individuals and society?
- An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development?
- International travel often leads people to have some prejudices rather than broad-mind. What are the main reasons of this phenomenon? What do you think people can do to get better understanding of the countries they visit?
- A hundred years ago, people think that human race is steadily improving in every area of life. Nowadays, there is no certainty of this case. In which areas do you think we have made important progress nowadays? In which areas do you think we should do more?
- Today, the qualities of life of people in big cities are worse. What are the causes of this problem? Any measures should be taken to solve it?
- Space travel has been possible for some time and some people think the space tourism could be developed in the future. To what extent do you think it’s a positive or negative development?
- Nowadays, women have full-time work same as men, logically men should share household equally with women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?