You just moved to a new house. Write a letter to inform your friend and invite him to come to visit:
1. Tell him when you moved to a new house
2. Describe your new house;
3. Invite him to come.
Your friend wants you to take care of her child in the weekend. Write a letter to the friend:
- Express your willingness to this request;
- Give some suggestions when they come and leave;
- Introduce the activities you have planned.
Your friend is applying for a job at a hotel and asks you to write a letter to the hotel that contains the following information:
- How did you meet your friend?
- What work experience does your friend have?
- Why is he suitable for this job?
请求信： A request
You have written an article to a magazine about your job, and ask your manager to make some comments on it.
- You should explain why you wrote the article
- What you have written
- What you would like your manager to comment
A friend got a new job and you didn’t contact with him for a long time, write a letter to express
- Why you did not contact him,
- Ask questions about his or her new job,
- When and where you will meet each other
投诉信 A complaint
Your business trip was cancelled because of the missing flight due to the airport’s own reason. Write a letter to the manager of the airport to express your complaint.
投诉信 A complaint
Write a letter to the manger of a computer shop and tell him you are not satisfied with the service.
- Why you are not satisfied
- How you want them to resolve?
Write a letter to invite your friend to a music concert. You should write
- What the content of the music concert is
- Where and when the music concert
- Why you think your friend will go to this concert
You saw an advertisement about a project which will help protect the environment. Write a letter to the organizer.
- Tell him/her why you are interested
- What you can do to help them
- When you can help.
You arranged a delivery to home. But there are some problems with the delivery. Write a letter complain to the manager of the delivery company. In your letter, you should write:
- What are included in the delivery
- What are the problems with the delivery
- Suggest what the managers should do.
You have just arrived in the city where you are going to spend two years for your master’s degree. You have a lot preparation to do before the new term starts, but you do not know how to go round the city. A friend you have newly acquainted offered you guidance and helped you through difficulties. Write a letter to express your thanks.
You live in a room in college which you share with another student. You find it very difficult to work there because your roommate always has friends visiting. They have parties in the room and sometimes borrows your things without asking you. Write a letter to the Accommodation Officer office at the college and ask for a new room next term. You would prefer a single room. Explain your reasons.
You have made an appointment with your teacher, but failed to keep it. Write a letter to your teacher to
- Apologize for your failure to keep the appointment
- Explain your reason to your teacher
- Express your wish to make another appointment.
- Write a letter to request information about scholarship/Finance assistance offered by your College.
A friend is already attending Oxford College in the UK. You will be going to the UK next year. Write and ask him/or her about
- What you should do before you go.
- Ask him/her about any problems he/she has had.