- Hi, please come in and have a seat. How can I help you?
I think I was injured in a sports competition. Can you help me on that?
- Certainly. Could you tell me some details of the injury? And how did you get injured?
- If it is a sudden pain then probably it is a knee sprain. The pain will disappear with time. But if it’s laceration, then it needs longer time to heal.
I felt the pain when I started playing. After the game, the pain got much worse.
- Let me have a closer look. I can see swelling and inflammation around the knee.
What should I do? Do I need to see a doctor? Or a bandage. Is there any protection measures that I can do now?
- It won’t be necessary.
- But if the pain persists, then you can take some anti-inflammatory drugs.
- 我能拿一些 非處方藥物么？为了防止未来的损害，还有什么我可以做的么？
（Over the counter drugs-OTC）
Is there anything I can do to protect further harm?
- This type of medicine is not a problem. Come and see me next week. I will show you some exercise to help it heal and prevent from further harm.
No problem. I will book an appointment for Thursday next week. Thank you for your help and advice.