1. Depression among Children 视频链接http://wenbo.tv/pte%E5%90%AC%E5%8A%9Bsst%E6%96%B0%E9%A2%98%E8%A7%86%E9%A2%91%E7%B3%BB%E5%88%97-depression-among-children/
In the past, children rarely have depression. A research showed a dramatic increase in children depression, which change the way people think about children depression. Now, no one doubt about children depression. The study shows children with depression behave differently and respond differently to medical treatment.
2. genes不仅像我们以前说的那样可以决定physical features, 比如人的height, hair 等；最近我们发现也可以决定我们的psychological features, 比如我们的行为。我们的基因研究这样就给生物学，心理学和neuro science 神经科学提供了有趣的信息。
3. socialism起源于1880s，communism起源于1840s，直到French Revolution后才成为意识形态，left和right这两个political word就来源于法国革命是national assembly的会议，left指left side of the speaker podium, right指right side of the speaker podium.
1.The traffic is the main cause of the pollution.
2. The chemical building is in the interior of the campus.
3. The railways were made to make distant travel possible.
4. The … of wildlife have been ignored by developers.
5. she used to be the editor of students’newspaper.
6. The history of this university is a long and interesting one.
7.Scientists are always asking the government for money.
8. Native speakers are well examined in their native languages.
Native speakers are tested in the language test in their own language.
9.Remeber sign the attendance register before leaving the hall.
10. She began by giving an outline of previous lecture.
11. Radio is a popular form of the entertainment throughout the world.
12. The untapped potential of using the sun is enormous.
13.Important details in the article are missing from the summary.
14. We start science and appreciate the world around us.
15. It is important for students to keep up with the deadline.
16. Your lowest quiz grade has been omitted in the calculations.
17. The business development seminar includes an internship with a local firm.
- This picture gives information about the right typing position.
- For the first half of the picture, it is clear that thewrist and the palm should be straight and horizontal. Excessive motion of thewrist should be avoided.
- For the second half of the picture, we need to make sure that the wrist and the lower arm are straight as well with the fingers slightly curved.
- Apart from that, the keyboard needs to be flat. Do not propup the keyboard in back.
- To conclude, if we follow the instructions provided, we can type much faster.
第三个是ethnic make-up 饼图，四个组成部分，asian60%，European13%; other 3%, 还有一个忘记了
第四个是表格，inbound visitors 2005,2006年四个来源分别是New Zealand，Japan，Unitedstates or Germany 新西兰游客数字1099降到1076
Answer Short Question
1. What material is tyre made of : rubber 橡胶
Fill in the Blanks
1. Egg-eating snakes—有的蛋小而软，就easyto eat; 还有的蛋大而硬，一般为大鸟生的蛋，需要借助帮助才可以eat
1. American English Dominance
Firstly, from the macroscopic view, the dominance of American English is not precipitated by the language itself, so the arising of English dominance in international communication is not solely the dominance of language itself.Just as the professor Jean Aitchison Oxford pointed out, the success of alanguage has much to do with the power of the people who use it but has littleto do with internal features of the language. It is obvious in consideration to English. During the 18thcentury and 19th century, the influence of the British Empire began to spread around the world for the sake of industrial revolution,so English began to become popular. English was used not only in the British colonies but also in the diplomatic negotiations of non-English-speaking countries.
However, no matter how powerful the adaptively is and how large the area that the power of English covers, currently, the international status of English mainly springs from the status of America as a super power after World War II.
Besides, with the development of the economic globalization and new political structure,there is a great need of an international language. As result, American English became the first choice.
3. 关于鸟的研究，说鸟不如预想的能适应Climate Change，使科学家意识到低估了climate change的长期影响。
4. 充电汽车，在十年之内会被广泛使用，可以很便宜的充电，也可以Alternative source，现如今concern about high dependency on petrol-based energy, and it’s unstainable.
5. 科技发展很快，人们能买到各种产品服务来自世界各地，multinational companies and international trade contribute to GDP in each country, America is one of the biggest beneficial countries.
6. The benefits of honey (参考)
According to Dr. Ron Fessenden, M.D., M.P.H. the average American consumes more than 150 pounds of refined sugar, plus an additional 62 pounds of high fructose corn syrup every year. (1) In comparison, we consume only around 1.3pounds of honey per year on average in the U.S. (2) According to new research, if you can switch out your intake of refined sugar and use pure raw honey instead, the health benefits can be enormous.
What is raw honey? It’s a pure, unfiltered and unpasteurized sweetener made by bees from the nectar of flowers. Most of the honey consumed today is processed honey that’s been heated and filtered since it was gathered from the hive. Unlike processed honey, raw honey does not get robbed of its incredible nutritional value and health powers. It can help with everything from low energy to sleep problems to seasonal allergies. Switching to raw honey may even help weight-loss efforts when compared to diets containing sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I’m excited to tell you more about one of my all-time favorite natural sweeteners today.
7. The Rosetta Stone罗塞塔石碑（可以在下面链接查看原文）
8. The Enslavement of Native People
9. water/water resources/water resources management
全文一大段。主要讲水的重要性。对于经济发展，poverty reduction, 我们的健康，socialwell-being都及其总要。我们需要减少water-related diseases, 加强水资源管理。
Water resources 真题原文哦
Water is at the core of sustainable development. Water resources, and the range of services they provide, underpin poverty reduction, economic growth and environmental sustainability. From food and energy security to human and environmental health, water contributes to improvements in social well- being and inclusive growth, affecting the livelihoods of billions.
In a sustainable world that is achievable in the near future, water and related resources are managed in support of human well-being and ecosystem integrity in a robust economy. Sufficient and safe water is made available to meet every person’s basic needs, with healthy lifestyles and behaviours easily upheld through reliable and affordable water supply and sanitation services, in turn supported by equitably extended and efficiently managed infrastructure. Water resources management, infrastructure and service delivery are sustainably financed. Water is duly valued in all its forms, with wastewater treated as a resource that avails energy, nutrients and freshwater for reuse. Human settlements develop in harmony with the natural water cycle and the ecosystems that support it, with measures in place that reduce vulnerability and improve resilience to water-related disasters. Integrated approaches to water resources development, management and use − and to human rights − are the norm. Water is governed in a participatory way that draws on the full potential of women and men as professionals and citizens, guided by a number of able and knowledgeable organizations, within a just and transparent institutional framework.
1. Whether studying films at school is as important as studying literature?
2. It is important for children to study a film at school to learn literature. To what extent youagree, use an example.
3. Do you think the school should havecurriculum asking students to play old drama and work for theatre centuriesago?
4. Whether design ofbuildings will have a positive or negative impact on people’s life and work?
5. Parents should beheld legally responsible for children’s acts. What is your opinion?
6. In a cashlesssociety, people use more credit cards. What are the advantages anddisadvantages of this phenomenon.
7. How widely do youthink the problem spreads that people spend too much time on work than theirpersonal life and experience time shortage? What problems will it cause?
8. Effective learning requires time, comfort and peace so it is impossible to combine study and employment. Study and employment distract one from another. To what extent do you think the statements are realistic? Support your opinion with examples. （今天热乎乎的考场原题）
Whether learning and working can be combined is a debatable issue for a long time. It is my personal opinion that both sides of the debate make sense because the family financial situation varies from person to person.
Firstly, those who believe that study and employment are mutually exclusive are justified to some extent. After all, our energy and time are limited and if we spend too much time on part-time jobs, our learning may become very inefficient after a long and exhausting shift. For example, one of my friends who worked night shift in 7-11 convenience store failed two of the units in one single term simply because he often fell asleep while he was attending a lecture.
Secondly, those arguing that learning and working can co-exist are equally justifiable to some degree. They may argue that students can determine the number of hours they spend on work or study so they can still balance they study and employment. Many students who received an offer from an investment bank or management consulting firm are those who have accumulated enough working experience or those who were interns in their college years.
In a nutshell, the question about whether study and employment can be combined is not realistic at all for the simple reason that our family financial situations are different. For those who were born with a gold spoon in their mouth, they can study in a quiet, peaceful and comfortable environment. However, for those from disadvantaged families, they may have no choice but work and study simultaneously.